One of the major leadership opportunities for students is the Student Council. The student council allows our students to have a voice in the school. Student leadership is about setting an example to other students in leading through inspiration, positive attitudes, opportunity and perseverance.
Students apply for the student council. They then go through an interview process. The student council meet regularly with the principal to discuss school-wide student issues.
Some of the duties that councillors are expected to undertake are:
- Running Assembly
- School Ambassadors
- Speaking opportunities when visiting other schools and introducing and thanking guests.
- Bringing request from students in their classrooms to school management, B.O.T. attention.
- Organising school Mufti Days, and fund raising either for outside charities or for school equipment
- Attending weekly council meetings and reporting back to their classes
- Attending National Young Leaders Day